Marketer and sustainability are often synonyms of greenwashing. This is because people usually think of marketing just from the communication point of view, leaving behind the marketing strategy.
In this interview, we will focus on explaining what a marketer can do about reaching the company’s sustainability goals.
Specifically, we will look at how:
- Marketers can implement sustainability if they help to forge a strong sense of purpose in the company.
- Consumers are positively responding to brands with a strong environmental sustainable purpose.
- Not all Companies can achieve all ESG goals overnight, so it is important to clearly communicate the steps towards those goals even if they are years away.
Transcript of: How can a marketer help implement sustainability?
He has advised MNCs and start-ups in just about every business category in Western and Eastern Europe and Asia.
He chaired the largest brand communications group in Southeast Asia before setting up his own business, which was subsequently sold to Japanese owned Dentsu Inc.
Stephen now mentors a number of CEOs of professional services companies. He is also an Expert Advisor for Bain and Co’s marketing transformation practice, a ‘Master’ at the business advisory company Masters of Scale International, and an active shareholder in a video content platform company.
Stephen teaches Integrated Marketing Communications to Executive MSc students at NTU’s Nanyang Business School, and Marketing for New Ventures to Global MBA students at EDHEC Business School in France.
- How can a marketer help sustainability? - August 4, 2021
- The CMO and Sustainability Leadership - July 22, 2021
- How can sustainability be a real differentiator for companies? - July 7, 2021